About TechieDesi Community
Welcome to TechieDesi Community. TechieDesi Community is a lounge for all the techie people to hangout, to discuss the latest trends in IT and beyond. Most of the techies in our community are here for a few things, like:
- Read about the technology trends. We keep you up-to-date on where IT is headed towards today. The community brings you information tailored to your interests, so you don't have to munch the entire Internet to get the news that fascinates a techie.
- To be in the company of like-minded people. What could be better inspiring than that? Imagine a place where everyone is fascinated by technology. Yes, it's right here.
- Get answers to questions, solutions to problems, instantly. We have a dedicated section with real people to help you out when you're stuck in programming.
- Discuss technology, jobs and walkin interviews. Our walkin interview database is maintained by hundreds of dedicated users, so you don't miss a single one.
- Getting higher visibility for one's content. Instead of starting a blog site just to post an article, members post articles here. More techies see it, evaluate and discuss it.
Points, rank and your reputation
Every user in the community has a numerical rank associated. It's the weighted sum of different types of points the user has earned over time. Rank shows the experience, the skill and the reputation of the user in the community. Each time you post an article or your comment gets rated, your points increase and you continue climbing up towards the 1st rank of the user, the real TechieDesi of the community.
Tags aka. getting better visibility for your posts
Although we have classified the community into numerous sections, it does not suffice for a proper categorizing method for your post. For example, your new blog article might be related to programming, java and internet spam. How would you find the interested user? Or how would an interested user locate your post? It's about right time we introduced tagging to the community.
You post your article to the blogs/articles section, with tags internet, spam, java and programming. Techies who are interested in these topics have already subscribed to these tags and will receive your post. Other people who are searching posts for these keywords will immediately find your post.
For example, John is a web technology guru. He lives in QnA Arena and looks for questions related to web, programming, web2.0, css, html etc. to answer. Now, you have a question regarding a general web programming problem that needs to be answered immediately. If you post the question with appropriate tags, John will immediately be notified since he has subscribed to all the keywords that are of interest to him and he answers within the shortest time. However, if you don't use proper tags, John might find the post only when he's going through the other posts, which could increase the chances that he misses your post and your post remains unanswered.
The social aspects
Such a beautiful community of techies cannot be that dry, can it? We have brought in some social features that will enrich your life and experience with the community. You now have a social profile that is visible to the community members. You do have a place to communicate to the members in a more offline manner. Other techies can say a hello or send a note of thanks for your help, which makes it more social and entertaining.
Anytime you're viewing a post, click the avatar of the user and you land on his public profile. You can get to know more about the user, see where he's from and what he does. You can also send a message to him or say a hi quickly.