Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Welcome to TechieDesi Community FAQ. Following are some of the most commonly asked questions about the community.
- What is TechieDesi Community and who's idea is this anyway?
- Am I a techie?
- Why should anyone join this community?
- Someone said this is like a game. What is it?
- What are the rules?
What is TechieDesi Community and who's idea is this anyway?
TechieDesi Community is a lounge for all the techie people to hangout, to discuss the latest trends in IT and beyond. A place to reach out and help fellow techies, solve their problems, horn your skills and build reputation.
The community was created by a bunch of programmers and techies who got tired and frustrated when they could not find a good place to hang out with fellow techies and exchange ideas. Popular places had too many rules in place and no freedom of speech, others had no real techies and thus no good topics to discuss. Some of us liked troubleshooting for fun and helping out with programming problems but couldn't find a place where we could do such things. So we sat down and coded our own community where we could do it all.
Am I a techie?
Yup, 'fraid so.
Well, we don't really have a test you could take. However, since you're reading this,
most probably you are one.
Do you get fascinated by technology? Do you keep talking about latest trends in technology while you're with your friends? Do you solve technical problems or troubleshoot for others? Then this community is one place where you'll find people just like you.
Why should anyone join this community?
Well, good question. Depends on whether you're looking for,
- A singular place to get up-to-date information about technology that surrounds you the latest trends and news, jobs and walkin interviews, everyday information that you want to read to keep yourself in top-notch condition.
- One place to get and offer help to fellow techies. May it be an opinion poll, a troubleshooting request or an SOS call when you're stuck in coding. A place where techies and geeks wander.
- An arena to prove your skills and show them off to the community, increase your reputation and receive donations from other fellow community members.
- Higher visibility to your blogs and articles. Better reviews and feedback, fastest turn-around time from the right kind of audience. Yes, we know how tough it is to wait for the search engine to rank your articles.
- Your kind of people! Where you will find yourself at home :)
And did we mention, that all this is FREE? Believe it or not, most of it is available to you even without a registration!
Someone said this is like a game. What is it?
Yes! This is exactly what we at TechieDesi Community think it is. The game doesn't start until you start to contribute to the community. If you just happen to land on a discussion via a search engine and leave with your answers swiftly, the story ends there.
However, if you decide to stay back for some more time and see what's going on, decide to discuss something of interest to you or help a fellow user with his problem -- yes, you're a part of the game. You start to build up a reputation and start to race with other techies here at the community. You'll soon find yourself stacked up against other techies of your kind.
We believe exchanging your ideas and helping each other out can be great fun. Beware, it's highly addictive too! We recommend you give it a try and see for yourself what it all means.
What are the rules?
Well, there are no rules. You do a good deed, you earn good reputation. You do something bad, your reputation pays. Just like real life. There are some basic commandments though:
- Thou shalt not spam.
- Thou shalt not post offensive stuff -- no warez, no porn, no illegal stuff. None, zilch, nada. Period.
- Thou shalt not spam. Did we say it again?